That is it. The 2021-22 Premier League season has been consigned to historical past, with solely the reminiscences – some good, some heart-breaking and lots of dramatic – to see us via the summer season.
BBC Sport’s fan neighborhood have been offering evaluation the entire approach via and we requested for his or her opinions of one other rollercoaster marketing campaign.
Oli Value-Bates, The Fresh Arsenal podcast
- Ranking: 7/10
- Finest efficiency: The 3-1 win over Spurs earlier within the season was spectacular, however for efficiency, Arsenal’s 2-1 loss to Manchester Metropolis was the primary time we have seen the Gunners be the higher footballing crew towards one of many high two.
- Participant of the season: Bukayo Saka
- Participant whose time is up: Alexandre Lacazette
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Declan Rice
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Progress has been made. It is a large disappointment given the place we discovered ourselves, however the factors tally would have completed joint third final season and within the high 4 the earlier 12 months. A slim squad weakened in January was the distinction.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Selecting one is tough. Finally, Arsenal’s lesson must be that when their first XI was match, they had been excellent – however the back-up gamers weren’t of the required high quality.
For extra fan views, plus all the very best Arsenal content material, scroll via our Gunners web page
Jat Sogi, Punjabi Villans
- Ranking: 6/10. I had hoped to raised final season’s factors tally.
- Finest efficiency: Leeds away and, though we misplaced, Liverpool at residence.
- Participant of the season: Jacob Ramsey – a star within the making.
- Participant whose time is up: It is a most important first-team participant – Douglas Luiz. He would not look and it looks like his head has been turned.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Sadio Mane. What a participant. His work-rate is second to none.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? I’ve to say sure. He has the power to draw large identify gamers.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: On the pitch, focus ranges. Slicing out foolish errors, particularly on the again, and we have to be extra medical up entrance. Off the pitch (although nonetheless on the coaching pitch), our health ranges want bettering as a result of we tire lots faster than different groups.
For all the very best Villa content material, scroll via our membership web page
Ali Mullaley, Her Sport Too ambassador
- Ranking: I will give it 9/10. Not solely have we stayed within the Premier League, we have now achieved it in fashion.
- Finest efficiency: It actually must be the 4-1 thrashing of Chelsea. It had every little thing – good soccer, Christian Eriksen’s first aim for the Bees and Thomas Tuchel making an attempt accountable the climate.
- Participant of the season: That is actually onerous – there have simply been so many standout performers. For me, the majestic Christian Norgaard simply edges it over Rico Henry.
- Participant whose time is up: Unhappy to say, however in all probability Marcus Forss. I do not assume we’ll see him in a Brentford shirt once more.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Assuming I haven’t got to be reasonable concerning the prospect of creating the signing… Son Heung-min – essentially the most criminally underrated participant within the Premier League.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? What’s to not love?
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Shut opponents down on the sting of the field. We appear to have been caught out so many occasions not doing this.
Go straight to all the very best Brentford content material
Brighton & Hove Albion
Scott McCarthy, We Are Brighton
- Ranking: 8/10. A document Premier League factors haul and the membership’s highest end in English soccer. Why not 10? 5 residence wins all season, a run of 96 days with no aim on the Amex and a three-month stretch with no victory between September and Boxing Day.
- Finest efficiency: The apparent one is hammering Manchester United – however I really assume the win away at Wolves every week earlier was extra spectacular.
- Participant of the season: Marc Cucurella. At solely 23, he might develop into among the best full-backs on this planet.
- Participant whose time is up: Aaron Connolly. Six months within the Championship with Middlesbrough was meant to be a kick up the bottom, however it hasn’t labored.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Boring choose, however Harry Kane. Nonetheless want a medical striker to capitalise on the possession and quite a few possibilities.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Soccer is about outcomes and Graham Potter has delivered.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: The poor collection of wine on the Amex – and bettering the house type.
For all the very best Brighton content material, scroll via our Albion web page
Natalie Bromley, No Nay By no means
- Ranking: 1/10. Woeful techniques, ineffective performances and insufficient switch home windows. The one goes to ‘Tremendous Mike Jackson’, who gave us hope and satisfaction within the last eight video games.
- Finest efficiency: Nick Pope towards everybody. That man ought to put on that England primary shirt.
- Participant of the season: In all probability Pope, however I’d give a particular point out to James Tarkowski, who led rather than Ben Mee.
- Participant whose time is up: Wout Weghorst. Seems he wasn’t a superior Chris Wooden in any case.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: We’d like upgrades in most positions, however I’d love Kieran Trippier and Danny Ings again. They simply get us as a membership and a city.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Positive, if we had one… I’ve no drawback with Sean Dyche going, despite the fact that the gamble did not play off. I’m massively grateful for the previous decade – however time was up and we needed to transfer on.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Be pleased with your historical past, but additionally look to the long run. We’d like a picture overhaul to maneuver away from the defend-for-your-lives soccer we have now develop into well-known for. And, maybe, have a shot on course.
Try our Clarets web page
Ross Mooring, Chelsea Fancast
- Ranking: 8/10. Turning into simply the fifth European crew in historical past to have gained each home and worldwide membership competitors attainable, unluckily dropping two home finals, plus par within the league, must be a profitable season.
- Finest efficiency: Outplaying Actual Madrid on the Bernabeu is up there, however thrashing Juventus 4-0 at Stamford Bridge in November was electrifying.
- Participant of the season: Arguments might be made for Reece James and Antonio Rudiger however, for me, Mason Mount simply pips Thiago Silva.
- Participant whose time is up: Skipping these already departing, I am going for Kepa Arrizabalaga. No one in blue had a really poor season.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Sticking within the Premier League, I’ve lengthy rated Tottenham’s Son Heung-min.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Sure. Give the person a brand new central midfielder and one other world-class centre-back.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: On the sector, Mount is able to take over the membership captaincy ought to Cesar Azpilicueta go away. Off the sector, be sure that the supporters are given a good voice.
Go straight to all the very best Chelsea content material
Jay Crame, The Eagles Beak
- Ranking: 7.5/10. This season was meant to be certainly one of transition, however we reached an FA Cup semi-final.
- Finest efficiency: Manchester Metropolis 0-2 Crystal Palace. To not concede towards Metropolis this season is kind of an accomplishment.
- Participant of the season: Each centre-backs have been distinctive and it is nearly harsh choosing one over the opposite, however Joachim Andersen has been wonderful.
- Participant whose time is up: Luka Milivojevic. The Serbia and Palace captain has been a beautiful servant to the membership however wants common sport time.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Sure, very. Patrick Vieira shouldn’t be the completed article and nonetheless has lots to be taught, however he has had a formidable first season on the membership.
- Lesson to take into subsequent season: There have been questions on in-game administration by Vieira, however he’s a reactive supervisor and has proven that he can enhance issues. Off the sector, recruitment continues to be key.
Scroll via our Crystal Palace web page for all the very best Eagles content material
Mike Richards, Unholy Trinity
- Ranking: 2/10. One mark for Frank Lampard’s appointment and one for the followers.
- Finest efficiency: 3-2 win over Crystal Palace. It wants no clarification.
- Participant of the season: Anthony Gordon. Fatigue in current weeks has definitely impacted him, however he is stepped up this season and proven different gamers up. He is acquired a shiny future on the membership.
- Participant whose time is up: How lengthy have you ever acquired? There are a good few out of contract, however I really feel Andre Gomes, Yerry Mina and Michael Keane might all be moved on.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: We’d like loads of work, however when it comes to a reachable participant, I might be going for Conor Gallagher.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? 100%. The very best factor that has occurred to the membership this season.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Get a correct off-field construction in place and shift out sure board members. This season has highlighted previous errors and the way working as an novice membership would not work within the Premier League.
Go straight to all the very best Everton content material
Adonis Storr, The Roaring Peacock
- Ranking: 2/10
- Finest efficiency: West Ham 2-3 Leeds – Jack Harrison’s efficiency stands out after scoring three in our largest scalp of the season.
- Participant of the season: Raphinha. He is had his critics however he nearly doubled final season’s tally and dragged us via at occasions.
- Participant whose time is up: Tyler Roberts. By no means repaid the religion of Marcelo Bielsa within the Premier League in the way in which Joe Gelhardt and Sam Greenwood have achieved.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Realistically, Emmanuel Dennis or Ismaila Sarr from Watford.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? I’m joyful for Jesse Marsch that he will get an opportunity to embed his philosophies away from the peril of a relegation scrap. Following Bielsa was a near-impossible job, however he is earned an opportunity.
- Classes discovered for subsequent season: On the pitch, hold it easy. Go and transfer and do not strive not possible killer passes. Off the pitch, funding is required.
Scroll via our Leeds web page for extra fan views, plus all the most recent information, evaluation and interactive content material
Sam Holloway, LeicesterFanTV
- Ranking: 4/10 at greatest. Sure, we have now had good bits, just like the semi-final of the Europa Convention League, however in each different competitors we have now been poor with stunning techniques.
- Finest efficiency: A 4-2 win at residence towards Manchester United.
- Participant of the season: Kiernan Dewsbury-Corridor. He has come via late on the age of 23, however has taken his likelihood and run with it, and continues to be operating now!
- Participant whose time is up: Youri Tielemans. Since Christmas, he has been on the seaside ready for his transfer.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Arsenal’s Bukayo Saka. Energetic and gives a great deal of attacking menace on the wing.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Probably not. Brendan Rodgers is just too cussed to alter when it is not working. We’re the worst at defending set-pieces, we won’t rating or create something from set-pieces ourselves, and Rodgers performs gamers out of place.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Practise set-pieces in coaching!
Get all the very best Leicester content material on our Foxes web page
Jordan Chamberlain, Empire of the Kop
- Ranking: 10/10. No matter occurs. Two cups within the bag, so near a 3rd already and a Champions League last to come back. We have performed in each attainable sport and misplaced solely three of them up to now.
- Finest efficiency: The 3-2 victory over Manchester Metropolis within the FA Cup semi-final. The scoreline was shut however the degree Liverpool reached at Wembley was insane, blitzing the opposite greatest aspect on the planet and leaving the sport over as a contest inside 45 minutes.
- Participant of the season: Earlier than Christmas, Mohamed Salah by a rustic mile. For the reason that flip of the 12 months, Sadio Mane. The right reply might be Salah, however we might have gained nothing with out Alisson. And a giant shoutout to the very best centre-back in Premier League historical past, Virgil van Dijk, too.
- Participant whose time is up: Sadly, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. Not adequate for central midfield – nice man, although, and I want him effectively.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Kevin de Bruyne is the very best central midfielder taking part in in England I’ve seen since Steven Gerrard.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? No, eliminate him…! I really laughed once I learn this query.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: There’s nothing fallacious with a giant signing in January if the participant matches the invoice. Luis Diaz has sparked much more life into an already good Liverpool assault.
For extra fan views, plus all the very best Liverpool content material, scroll via our Reds web page
Nigel Rothband, The Man Metropolis Present podcast
- Ranking: 9 out of 10. Again-to-back Premier League champions!
- Finest efficiency: Chelsea away.
- Participant of the season: Kevin de Bruyne wins it, though a quantity get talked about in despatches, together with Joao Cancelo, Bernardo Silva and Rodri.
- Participant whose time is up: With the arrival of each Erling Haaland and Julien Alvarez, certainly one of Riyad Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus or Raheem Sterling.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Son Heung-min of Spurs or Chelsea’s Reece James.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Subsequent query! Let’s get his subsequent contract extension signed please.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Ending. It is ironic that the top-scoring crew must be extra medical.
Go to our Metropolis web page for all the very best evaluation and dialogue
Alex Turk, Stretford Paddock
- Ranking: 3/10. One mark for Cristiano Ronaldo’s return. One mark for one more academy product introduced via in Anthony Elanga. One mark for the progress being made off the pitch within the membership’s hierarchy. Apart from that, no doubt the worst season of my lifetime. A nightmare.
- Finest efficiency: Tottenham 0-3 United. United’s response to the 5-0 thrashing by Liverpool at Tottenham in a reshuffled system was sensational and certainly one of solely a handful of ‘good’ performances this season. The opening day 5-1 mauling of Leeds and the character proven in Michael Carrick’s 2-0 win at Villarreal within the first match after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking are robust contenders.
- Participant of the season: Ronaldo. David de Gea has saved United from additional humiliation and Fred is one of some who deserve reward, however you possibly can’t look past Ronaldo and his 24 objectives – the place would we be with out them?
- Participant whose time is up: Aaron Wan-Bissaka. He solely joined in 2019, however is not a part of Erik ten Hag’s plans and Jurrien Timber’s anticipated arrival will spell the tip.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Declan Rice. United have loads of areas to repair, together with in defensive midfield. Rice is on the high of the checklist, is just 23 and would match Ten Hag’s most well-liked 4-2-3-1 seamlessly.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Ralf Rangnick had an extremely robust job to select up the scraps after Solskjaer, however I anticipated lots extra. He talks a superb sport however his teaching stint in England has been a catastrophe. Ten Hag is completely the correct man to interchange him and his efforts to start out work as early as attainable backs that up.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: What Ten Hag says goes. He arrives in England with the identical aura Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp carried into Manchester Metropolis and Liverpool. Off the pitch, new chief government Richard Arnold has given soccer heads the liberty to make soccer selections, and Ten Hag ought to be central to these.
Get all the very best United content material on our membership web page
Matty Renton, The Magpie Channel TV
- Ranking: 7/10 – contemplating the sorry state of affairs we had been in till Eddie Howe took over. To have comfortably stayed up after no wins within the opening 14 video games is exceptional.
- Finest efficiency: Beating Everton 3-1 at residence. That was the turning level and the ambiance at St James’ Park was electrical.
- Participant of the season: Joelinton. From failed striker to midfield enforcer. He is been an absolute powerhouse.
- Participant whose time is up: Ciaran Clark. Jeff Hendrick. Dwight Gayle… the checklist goes on.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Kalvin Phillips from Leeds.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Over the moon. Howe ought to win supervisor of the season for the unimaginable turnaround he is achieved.
- One studying to take into subsequent 12 months: Do not panic-buy strikers.
Scroll via our Newcastle web page for extra fan views, plus all the most recent information, evaluation and interactive content material
Gary Gowers, My Soccer Author
- Ranking: 1/10. In reality, if Susie Dent might discover us a Seventeenth-century phrase that mashes collectively woeful, gutless, pathetic, joyless, abject and lamentable, then that’d be our season.
- Finest efficiency: Watford 0-3 Norwich Metropolis. Contemplating we solely managed a depressing 5 wins, I am not precisely spoilt for alternative. To assume we completed that sport so filled with hope…
- Participant of the season: Simple one – Teemu Pukki by a mile. He was the one Metropolis participant who appeared remotely at residence within the division.
- Participant whose time is up: Far too many to say. Though I ought to say we’ll not miss any of the high-profile mortgage gamers.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Emi Buendia. Clearly we might all love Kevin de Bruyne, however it was Buendia – who left us for Villa final summer season – who would have made such a distinction to us this season.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? No. However equally, it is not possible accountable both Dean Smith or Daniel Farke after they had been each handed such a technically poor and lily-livered squad to work with.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Self-funding would not work within the Premier League. A noble and worthy supreme it could be, however soccer is not going to hold round ready for Norwich Metropolis and their mannequin to develop into international.
For all the very best Norwich content material, scroll via our Canaries web page
Ray Hunt, In That Number
- Ranking: 4/10. We noticed some enhancements via the emergence of Tino Livramento, the early aim tally of Armando Broja and extra items of magic from James Ward-Prowse. However it turned bitter rapidly. If it wasn’t for the FA Cup run, then that score could be beneficiant.
- Finest efficiency: The win over West Ham at London Stadium on Boxing Day was essential to turning our season round, however the very best must be the victory at Tottenham – going behind twice, then discovering two objectives within the final 10 minutes to grab the factors.
- Participant of the season: It must be Ward-Prowse, however Kyle Walker-Peters has additionally been so constant.
- Participant whose time is up: The most important disappointment is Moussa Djenepo. He arrived for £14m however has repeatedly didn’t impress.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: We’re crying out for a playmaker of actual high quality, so I’d like to signal Kalvin Phillips from Leeds.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor?The #RalphOut is in full power as a result of his lack of a plan B. I am not satisfied he is aware of his greatest eleven. I wish to see him succeed however I am questioning whether or not he is the correct match for what we want proper now.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Consistency. We can’t slip into dropping streaks or enable one other 9-0 or 6-0 thumping.
Go straight to all the very best Saints content material
Anna, Spurs XY
- Ranking: 9/10. It is nearly an ideal 10 contemplating the place we when Antonio Conte took over.
- Finest efficiency: I will should say the north London derby at residence. That was the evening I believed that this crew, with these followers, belonged again within the Champions League.
- Participant of the season: Son Heung-min, surely. To high off his superb objectives, he appears a stunning, real one that is captivated with Spurs.
- Participant whose time is up: It is time for Harry Winks to maneuver on to a membership the place he’ll get extra sport time.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Kevin de Bruyne – midfield aim and help machine, with fashion too.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? 100%. I simply hope he agrees a brand new longer contract.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Endurance. Good issues take time. Conte didn’t have pre-season however all of the gamers benefited and improved below his teaching.
For extra fan views, plus all the very best Tottenham content material, scroll via our Spurs web page
Matt Rowson, BHaPPY weblog
- Ranking: 1/10. Unremittingly, maliciously depressing and chaotic. Huge wins over Manchester United and Everton had been incongruous shiny spots.
- Finest efficiency: In all probability our first ever win over Everton at Goodison Park. It showcased a capability to open groups up on the break that we had been in a position to mobilise too hardly ever.
- Participant of the season: Hassane Kamara. Signed in January, a gutsy supply of positivity in a crew devoid of comparable.
- Participant whose time is up: There are a variety however Ozan Tufan, unfit and unbothered, was presupposed to be our midfield creativity. He was returned to sender in January. Honourable point out for Danny Rose too.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Ashley Barnes. A one-man pub brawl who would inject some much-needed aggression.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Which one would that be? Roy Hodgson succeeded in stiffening our limp away performances, however left us punchless and shapeless at residence. As for brand new man Rob Edwards… he appears to be like and feels the half. Let’s examine.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Helps to win at residence every so often. Radical, I do know.
For all the very best Watford content material, scroll via our Hornets web page
West Ham United
Mia Claydon, Inexperienced Road Hammers
- Ranking: 8/10 – because of an unbelievable journey via European soccer and David Moyes displaying that final season’s last league place was not a fluke.
- Finest efficiency: West Ham v Sevilla. Probably the greatest crew performances from a West Ham aspect I’ve ever seen.
- Participant of the season: Declan Rice or Jarrod Bowen. 5 gamers might conceivably win this, however with out Rice or Bowen, the crew is unstable. Honourable point out to Craig Dawson – what a season!
- Participant whose time is up: Arthur Masuaku. He’s not a contributor to this crew any extra, and lacks the standard and confidence we have to progress additional.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: I don’t disguise my love for Manchester Metropolis’s Nathan Ake. Him partnering Kurt Zouma or Dawson could be an unimaginable sight.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Completely. I do know that is just the start – Moyes needs silverware.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Self-discipline wants to enhance. It is clear how passionate they’re, which is nice, however a number of pink playing cards and fines, in addition to Moyes despatched to the stands, might all have been prevented.
For extra fan views, plus all the very best West Ham content material, scroll via our Hammers web page
Matt Cooper and Dave Azzopardi, Talking Wolves
- Ranking: Matt – 6/10; Dave – 7/10
- Finest efficiency: Matt – Manchester United away. Wolves got here with a gameplan towards a faltering United and each Bruno Lage and the crew executed it completely.
- Participant of the season: Dave – Jose Sa. Defensively, Wolves have appeared shaky, however they nonetheless have among the best data within the league, because of the keeper.
- Participant whose time is up: Matt – Raul Jimenez. The person has given every little thing to Wolves, however he simply would not look the identical participant post-injury.
- Opposition participant you’d love at your crew: Dave – Renato Sanches. Wolves are determined for a little bit of power in midfield and Lille’s Portugal worldwide could be an exceptional addition.
- Comfortable together with your supervisor? Matt – You may’t choose a supervisor till he’s backed and the membership have failed to try this this season. Nonetheless, we have proven relegation type previously two months and that is alarming.
- One studying to take into subsequent season: Dave – Spend correctly on gamers prepared for the primary crew. Wolves have been “investments” over the previous few years, and whereas just a few have come good, some have not actually labored out.
For extra fan views, plus all the very best Wolves content material, scroll via our membership web page